FIRE AND BUILDING SAFETY IN BANGLADESH
Inditex is proud to be an original co-signatory to a legally binding agreement to make its textile factories safe.
The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh is a landmark document that enshrines essential health and safety measures in an enforceable and transparent way.
The provisions include:
- independent safety inspections
- public reporting
- corrective action planning
- financial support for upgrade and improvement work
- job and income protection for workers during factory closures due to renovations
- alternative employment for workers who lose their job because of loss of orders at unsafe facilities
- labour rights protections for workers who refuse to work in unsafe premises
- fire and building safety training
- establishment of health and safety committees at all factories
- complaints procedures for health and safety concerns
- funding for the implementation of the agreement
- supply chain transparency