How we approach this is outlined in our Global Energy Strategy, which forms part of our overarching vision of sustainability running through all our business operations. Our work includes:
- reducing energy use and implementing low-carbon technologies in our own stores, offices and logistics centres
- supporting energy efficiency and reduction in our supply chain with our partners
- designing more sustainable products, taking into account each item’s energy requirements in manufacture and use
- encouraging customers to use our products more efficiently through improved labelling
- promoting reuse and recycling of garments and fibres
Global Energy StrategyPDF, 500Kb
We foster the rational and efficient use of energy throughout our value chain. In this way, we reduce our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and help mitigate their effects. 80% of the enery we use in our facilities (headquarters, logictics and stores) will come from renewable sources in 2025. We have committed to reducing our GHG emissions by 30% by 2030, in line with our membership of the United Nations Fashion Industry Charter for Climate Action. The vision is to achieve net-zero emissions in the industry in 2050.
Our commitment to fight against the Climate Change has been recognised by Carbon Disclosure Project.
Our commitment with energy saving, in numbers:
- 44.9% of our global energy consumption comes from clean sources.
- The use of electricity from renewable sources in the Company’s facilities has multiplied by almost 20 since 2014
- We reduced 2.7% electricity consumption per square meter in 2018.